[Wine] Prince of Persia 2008 HowTo

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 27 12:49:07 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:
> xaber1488 wrote:
>
>> And how can I reset the changes done with winetricks? Simply removing the libraries overrides?
>>

> Pretty much. Those dlls will still be around but Wine by default prefers it's own dlls (in most cases).
>
> quote="xaber1488"]And to apply them again, should I use again the sh winetricks comand?[/quote]
> Should work as well

Actually, if you can do this, it is a best practice for installing new
programs and tesing with Wine:

Open a terminal session (applies regardless of which operating system
you are using)

code:

cd $HOME
mv .wine{,.backup}
wine notepad

This will create a new and clean .wine to work in.

Apply all changes made with Winetricks

Then install your program.

Run the program from the command line.

If the program will not run, or if you want to remove all changes again,
you can change the move (mv) command to:

mv wine{,.backup1}

Reminder, you might want to 'prune' the number of backups every once in
a while to conserve space.

James McKenzie