[Wine] Team Fortress 2 Problems

Fonrus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 28 14:13:07 CST 2008

I am new to wine and linux. I cannot get the game Team Fortress 2 to work correctly. I am runing a 2.2 gig quad core with three gigs of ram. When I use the windows side of my computer I can run it perfectly fine. Steam works perfectly fine on linux (Steam Running (http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/4335/86126294vj2.png)), and I can successfully start TF2. I get the opening credits(Opening Credits (http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/916/60357936bs9.png)), and then I get a blank screen with a cursor. What is interesting is that I can hear the intro music playing and can "scroll" over the buttons, but its just blank. I have read all the tutorials about TF2 on linux, but following them does not work. Any ideas?