[Wine] Driver installation after reboot

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:40:15 CST 2008

Hello,

I have installed a Windows game using Wine. ("Ritter Rost", basically
a simple point and click adventure for children, see
http://www.terzio.de/produkte/677/Ritter_Rost_Geisterjagd_Wasserpost.html)
When starting the game, I receive a message that some drivers are
being installed. (That's okay, I receive the same message when running
the game for the first time on Windows.) The next message asks me to
reboot the systems. I am selecting "winboot" from the Gnome menu.
After starting the game again, I receive the message that there are
pending installation issues and I have to reboot the system. Finally,
after actually rebooting Linux, I receive the original message, back
to start.

Any ideas what I might do?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)