[Wine] Sound quality down recently

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 07:10:03 CST 2008

I have noticed a significant deterioration in incoming sound quality recently, and was wondering if anyone else had the same experience. (I build git and re-install the programs on a new config daily.)

I run Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10, which grades microphone sound on a range of 1 to (I think) 45.
I used to get a score of about 26-28 just a couple of weeks ago, but now it's down to about 22, a significant decline. DNS's accuracy has also slipped correspondingly.

In addition, I could use the iMic USB pod, which gave excellent results, as long as I changed winecfg to OSS. Now that does not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Susan