[Wine] Rome Total War - SG 01 idle 01.cas

Cal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 29 11:44:27 CST 2008

Please be gentle I'm a Wine newbie, and a relative newcomer to Linux/Ubuntu.

Using Wine version 1.0.1.  Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.

I have installed 'Rome Total War' through Wine using the multi-CD install.  All seems to have completed normally.  However on starting the application, when the main splash-screen is about to clear to go to the game options I get an error:-

filename doesn't exist data/animations/SG 01 idle 01.cas.

This has been noted by other Ubuntu users on Ubuntu forums and unresolved.  I have found no mention here.

Any help much appreciated.