[Wine] Re: Valve Source games display problem

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 29 14:36:19 CST 2008

sgtrock wrote:
> 5b) Left 4 Dead:
> 5b1) While the game launches normally and runs the intro movie correctly, something odd occurs when it finally gets to the menu display. I see the moving background of zombies. I hear all the sounds correctly. The odd part is that while I see and hear all this stuff, I can't see the menu!

Try completely reinstall Steam as suggested on AppDB. It could be something left over from old times.
I don't have L4D can't tell for sure. But Valve did make lots of changes in L4D engine comparing to TF2. Could be one of those changes is what you see.
You can also try dxlevel 90 (anything else won't work).