[Wine] Re: Can't configure wine drives.

minguo33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 31 17:03:38 CST 2008

Thanks for the replies!

IneedAname wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:43:21 -0600
> It should be mapped something like this:
> Letter  Drive mapping
> C:	../drive_c
> D: 	/media/cdrom0
> Z:	/
>
> Then try "wine D:\setup.exe".

Doing this cannot find the exe, and after investigating it seems wine maps my cd rom to the Z drive?

typing:

Code:
wine Z:/SETUP.EXE

fails, but typing

Code:
wine Z:/cdrom/SETUP.EXE

works fine.  (also, dunno if it's significant, but I have to use forward slashes instead of backslashes.)

> What distro? Where did you get Wine and how did you install it?

I am using Linux Mint Elyssa, and I installed Wine from the mint repositories, but then followed the instructions  on this page

http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

for Ubuntu to upgrade to the latest version.  (Mint's packages only go to 1.0)