[Wine] One application that I would like to see work.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:02:35 CST 2008

On 08/02/2008, A. Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> They do offer a wide range of Windows versions.  Programming hardware is
> probably a rarity through wine.  How often do you need to do this?  Would a
> VMWare + Windows combination suffice?
>
> The issue with companies programming for Linux is they'd most often need to
> open up the source (alternately they could write it in java, or release a
> binary for each platform).

Oh, is Opera written in Java, or open source? Is Matematica? There is
no contradiction between "runs on Linux" and "closed source".

>  My suggestion for you is to reverse engineer
> their software, or find out what wine is missing.

> I don't know one person
> that needs this software, so I can't justify sending them the request,
> sorry! :)

I don't know one person who needs Photoshop. But I still requested
that Adobe port it. In fact, I bug them every few months on the
subject. But I will tell you the name of one person who does need the
aforementioned software: Saurian (The OP).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.