[Wine] monitor photoshop

Roland Geflitter rolandgef at web.de
Sat Feb 9 14:32:07 CST 2008

Hi!

I'm running a test with Wine 0.9.51 on SuSe 9.1 and Photoshop CS (1) and
everything works perfectly (even working with big files of 1 GB and
launching Image Ready) BUT:

How do I use a CUSTOM Monitor Profile with Photoshop and Wine ?
There seems to be no way to assign a monitor profile to the Wine system
(as in Windows "control panel"), Photoshop just uses "sRGB ... 2.1" (a
substitute for the missing monitor profile of the OS, Wine).

I tried to look for a trick to assign another monitor profile to
Photoshop, but Photoshop will only take a profile of the OS.
That's a pity, because generating an accurate monitor profile under
Linux (with an Eye-One spectrometer and Argyllcms) would be possible.

Am I wrong - is there a workaround for assigning the monitor profile to
Photoshop?
Please tell me!

Thanks a lot
Roland