[Wine] fonts

Ryan Burger rcburger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 11:06:19 CST 2008

Hi Roilan,

Judging by the entry for ArcGIS in the wine application
db<http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9910>,
it may be very difficult for you to run the application in wine.

Do you have winetricks <http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks>?  It's a great
script that will install many basic things for you, including important
TrueType fonts.  I would download it, make it executable and use something
like "sh winetricks allfonts" to install a few fonts and see if that works.

If not, I would log the output of the font debug channel with

WINEDEBUG+="font" wine yourapp.exe &> yourapp.log

and then look through yourapp.log for some clues.

Good luck,
Ryan