[Wine] Running XP programs in wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:09:36 CST 2008

2008/2/19 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
> Now that we're running as XP, the confounded thing wants "Internet
> Explorer greater than or equal to 5.1". How can I install IE?
>

> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Depends on what it wants. This shouldn't be an issue in recent
versions of wine. If it's checking the registry for IE, then it should
work. You can also try running:
$ wine iexplore.exe http://www.google.com/
To install wine-gecko, which provides an IE replacement (some apps use
parts of ie to embed in their programs).

If that doesn't work, please file a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org.

-Austin