[Wine] Windows Kernel & Executive implementation

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:58:41 CST 2008

In theory, you are completely correct.

Truth is, some of the low level hardware programming requires special
windows drivers.  Wine tries to simulate those drivers with native Linux
calls.

Since the request is so closely based to the APIs associated with the
application, you might get a greater stir from the programmers, as the
user's group focuses more on what does, and doesn't work, to support the
wine users in their struggles.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com