[Wine] Re : Web Forums

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 23 11:57:17 CST 2008

Kind regards,
Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)

Support artists, not multinationals - http://Iwouldntsteal.net
Supportez les artistes, pas les multinationales - http://Iwouldntsteal.net

Free music you can listen to everywhere : http://www.jamendo.com

----- Message d'origine ----
> De : L. Rahyen <research at science.su>
> À : wine-users at winehq.org
> Cc : Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com>
> Envoyé le : Samedi, 23 Février 2008, 9h59mn 49s
> Objet : Re: [Wine] Web Forums
>
> On Saturday February 23 2008 00:20:57 Jeremy Newman wrote:
> > There still seems to be an issue with it putting [Wine] in the subject
> > line. I think this is because it expects the prefix to really be
> > [wine-users]. Maybe we should change the prefix.
> >
> > If I had my way I'd drop the prefix entirely. I filter off of the
> > message headers, but I'm sure that would upset some mailing list
> > subscribers.
>
>     Personally I don't see good technical reasons for such prefixes. As far as I
>
> know all popular e-mail clients have filters that are capable of sorting
> incoming mail without need of prefixes in the subject. And many mailing lists
> don't have any kind of prefix in the subject anyway. IMHO, prefix can be
> safely removed. If someone use prefix in the subject field they should fix
> their configuration. BTW, wine-devel and wine-patches don't use prefix so I'm
> wonder why wine-users use it...

please dont.
many web mail clients dont offer the ability to use List-ID as a filter criteria.

another point is,
when use the answer function instead of answer to all,
wine-users_at_winehq_dot_org isnt present in the mail adresses.
(I would have sent this mail only to L.Rahyen, had to add the list manually.)