[Wine] Has anyone tracked down Bekkeypelet?

Zachary Goldberg zgold550 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 17:39:15 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM, jingo811 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I think it might be robots judging by the frequency WineHQ is being hit by spammers.  phpBB is the number 1 target of all forum motors.
>  I don't remember when registering but did you implement some sort of
>  CAPTCHA?
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA
>
>  This kind of things are new to me but I think this is the first measure you take against all the circulating robots on the net.
>  phpBB.com should have some CAPTCHA plugin for these occasions.

Captchas do not work in phpbb, every one of them has been broken.

What _does_ work (from personal experience) is requiring user
registration to post, and during registration requiring the answer to
a simple question.  There is a mod called "Textual Confirmation" which
does this perfectly.  Something like

What color does mixing red and blue make?  (purple)

or something silly like that.  Stopped all spam 100% on my phpBB forum.

http://bbantispam.com/tc/

--
Zachary Goldberg
Computer Science & Engineering