[Wine] Shocking Photos

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:39:24 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 23 February 2008, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>
>  from Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon at gmail.com> who wrote:
>
>  > Did it occur to anyone to tell out forum-using friends about this
>  > wonderful new invention called "a mailing list"?
>
>  The mailing list is easier and quicker to use, less bandwidth-hungry, and had
>  proved to be spam-proof.
>
>  It was too good to last, it was not broken, so someone had to fix it...
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Ron.
>  --
>                        No group of professionals meets
>                except to conspire against the public at large.
>                                                  -- Mark Twain
>

>                    -- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

The forum is made to support BOTH. Yes, there are a few kinks to work
out (the spam, etc), but this will let those that prefer forums to use
them, while still maintaining the mailing list. And no, the mailing
list is NOT spam free, I've got quite a few spam from wine-users and
wine-devel. If you prefer mailing lists, great, use them. If not, use
the forum. Both work the same (and for that matter, I recently found
that mailing the mailing list will identify you by your userid if
you've registered on the forum...neat!).

- Austin

P.S. Slimy => slippery yes, but also sticky, hence it flows the tubes
well, then sticks there and blocks lolcats from reaching my computer
:-(.