[Wine] Teamfortress 2 on Ubuntu 7.1

nipzor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 24 11:28:40 CST 2008

So I installed Steam via Wine, launchign it, logging in, everything seems to work. When i try to launch a game (e.g. TF2) it will start the valve video, and i see the menu laoding screen, but then suddenly it will just exit and return to the desktop. when i first launched tf2 it told me that i need atleast direct x8, no idea why its not showing up anymore ( itried to install direct x after that but it didnt work). i have no idea what to do, asked several times in the irc but nothing could help so far. also, steam sais this:

[Image: http://i27.tinypic.com/15zqc87.png ][/img]