[Wine] Fullscreen support on dual head with virtual desktop

Jes Andersen albatros at fuldognoegen.dk
Mon Feb 25 02:39:15 CST 2008

Is there a way to force the fullscreen property on wine virtual desktop?

Since i'm running dual head with xinerama I usually run some
applications in fullscreen on one monitor (like remote desktop) while
still being able to use the second monitor

Until recently I ran wine this way too, since a legacy hack in compiz
fusion made it fullscreen, but an upgrade "fixed" the bug I had become
dependent on.

I tried to use the normal fullscreen keyboard shotcuts in metacity and
compiz but neither worked since NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN is not in the
NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS.

Is the a good reason for this, and how do I work around it?

/Albatros