[Wine] Problem installing Gecko

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:30:22 CST 2008

On 26/02/2008, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:45 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  Is there any reason Gecko isn't just included as part of Wine?

> IMHO it ought to be.  I think it's at packagers' discretion now,
>  but I don't know if any include it yet.

I actually use the debs from winehq.org (Ubuntu 7.10) - and it's not
included in these. Presumably that would be a start. I'll also be
seeing how to request it be included in the Ubuntu distro version by
default.

(cc: to Scott Ritchie, who packages the debs - is there a licensing
reason or something for not including Gecko in the deb? Surely
aggregating an MPL package and an LGPL package isn't problematic?)

- d.