[Wine] Font anti-aliasing in wine?

Nghia T Ha nth1 at newpagecorp.com
Tue Feb 26 20:41:49 CST 2008

"A. Tres Finocchiaro" <tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com>
Sent by: wine-users-bounces at winehq.org
02/26/2008 08:40 PM

wine-users at winehq.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Wine] Font anti-aliasing in wine?

I'm not reading your entire post.

Apply a stock windows theme with winecfg and pick cleartype fonts.

If you don't know what I mean, find a copy of this theme:
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061029/royale-noir/

Then do this:

winecfg >> Desktop Integration >> install.

Warning though, it can really bog some things down, but you *did *ask for
it. :)

-Tres

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM, hasi <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> One of the things that DOES make a big difference for me is
> font-antialiasing (AA). (OK, maybe I am picky). Does anyone have
> experience/knowledge on that subject?
> What surprises me is that for a few fonts (BitStream Vera Sans, for
> instance), it is active, whereas it is completely absent for most
others.
> Why is that? (BTW, I just found out that I get the best results so far
for
> the new MS font "Corbel"--I admit not a very "free" solution, but a
> practical one. I now have set this as the default font for menus,
tooltips,
> etc.)
>
> For instance, in the Word documents I am editing, AA kicks in above a
> certain font size (or document magnification/zoom), but seems to be
switched
> off below. Is that a parameter that can be set somewhere? Also, in a
Word
> document, if I select a magnification which renders a certain font with
AA,

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com