[Wine] I just installed unbuntu

Robert Lövlie topace at oijk.net
Wed Feb 27 07:22:43 CST 2008

Nissa_M wrote:
> When I double click it on the desk top to open it this is what comes up "No application suitable for automatic installation is available for handling this kind of file".  I have no idea what this means.  "cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/your_program" didnt' work it said there was no such directory.  I really am at a loss.  :(   "Where "program.exe" should be replaced with the name of main executable file
> of your application".  Please explain this.

For installing the wine package, use the synaptic package manager. After
that, fire up a terminal, go to the place where the installer for the
program is located (using the command 'cd'), type 'wine program.exe'
where you replace 'program.exe' with the installer name. You should now
be able to install your program. After that, go to the place where the
program was installed, type wine 'program.exe', replacing 'program.exe'
with the program file. This should run your program

--
Robert Lövlie