[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:58:13 CST 2008

Hi all,

First off - this is not flame bait or a troll. It's a genuine question.

Since the forum gateway was introduced, it is my opinion that this list
is getting flooded with newbie questions. Check the "I just installed
Ubuntu" thread for a typical example.

I wish to silently remove all wine-forum posts and their replies from my
inbox. I plan to filter based on
From: wineforum-user at winehq.org
and the phrase "@forum.winehq.org" appearing anywhere in Message-ID:,
Not knowing how the gateway is configured, my question is: will this be
enough?

Now the explanation why. I spend my days at work answering newbie
questions. I've done my requisite 1000s of hours in the past, now it's
someone else's turn. I'm not asking for the gateway to be undone -
those users have a perfect right to ask questions and get answers. If
this is the place, then that is fine. I just don't want to see the
questions anymore, and I don't want to unsubscribe either (the list
itself is great as-is).

So lets please not turn this into an "Alan is a great big newbie-hating
spawn-of-Satan jerk" thread, OK?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com