[Wine] Drive not found-problem when running programs in Wine

BioDynamo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 28 13:27:33 CST 2008

My wife has a Asus Eee (running the original Xandros Linux), on which she wants to run the Rosetta Stone language self-learning software. Naturally, we have it in a Windows-version, so I installed Wine, copied the files on the CD-ROM to a USB memory stick, ran the installer under Wine, and everything worked, to my surprise, without more than a few glitches and re-tries.

So the program itself runs, however, it does not recognise the files on the memory stick as a CD-ROM. That is to be expected, I guess, but I then created a new folder, "drive_d" at /home/usr/.wine/drive_d, copied the full content of the memory stick to there, and told winecfg to find a new CD-ROM drive located there. However, the Rosetta software still starts nicely but does not find the data that it is supposed to read from the "CD-ROM".

When I wine autorun.exe on drive_d, the install-or-run-program starts up, it even makes the right sounds. At that point the terminal shows

fixme:process:SetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,-1,-1): stub - harmless

after clicking on Run Rosetta Stone it adds

fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
Wine exited with a successful status

Please help?