[Wine] Web Forums

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:12:52 CST 2008

Nosense.

I'm on the gameprogrammer list and there's a crazy chinese/japanese/whatever
guy with unicode chars on his name asking really offtopic questions such as
"how can I edit a video and remove the subtitles and edit it ofr my game
trailer????? could sombdy please give me a link to dl program??", or "hey I
need to get on a computer and I dont know the pass can somebody help me 2
get in without knowing the administrators password??"...

Seriously, go search for him in the list's archive. It isn't any fun, but
he's smart enough to use a mailing list ;).

As I said, you can't get rid of them unless you get GOOD moderators and a
nice registration filter (as FatBullLarry suggets).

The forum was a big improvement IMO, it was about time a forum was created
(sp?). People just need to get used to the gateway. Besides, only people who
know what a BBS was or are more suited to the old way of doing things prefer
mailing lists, while the... um, say, "new generation" prefers forums.
They're easier to handle and search in IMHO. Posting to a mailing list
through your email client has no comparison, but trying to search for
something in a list's archive is a hell compared to a simple click to the
Search button, put your text, choose your options, voilá.