[Wine] Web Forums

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Fri Feb 29 00:38:05 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:15 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com> wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
>  > Only true assholes or the illiterate top post.  Everyone else writes
>  > in conversational order.
>  >

>  You must not work in industry then.  It is EXPECTED your reply will be
>  on top, ready for the boss to read.  Bottom post, or even worse,
>  intersperse, and you might get to visit the boss, with all of your
>  possessions.  Remember, not everyone is familiar with nor cares about
>  RFC 1855.  All they want is an answer, now if you  please.

Actually, I do, and I have said as much to supervisors before and kept
my job.  You can get away with it if you actually know what you're
doing.  I don't know what parallel universe you're living in, but it
must suck to work with people who can't deal with basic English
skills.

>  No, keep the forum.  Just remove the link between the forum and the
>  mailing list.  See which gets the most traffic and eliminate the other.
>  Bet the mailing list looses.  Mailing lists are so last century for
>  technical support issues.  Now, development and announcements are the
>  place for mailing lists.  Or better yet, IRC for support.

You contradict yourself there.  If mailing lists are so last century,
how isn't IRC?  Seems like Jabber MUC has long obsoleted (5+ years
now) IRC by your own measure of obsolescence.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca