[Wine] JDF library in wine?

Gernot Hassenpflug gernot at nict.go.jp
Fri Feb 29 01:13:38 CST 2008

"Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot at nict.go.jp> wrote:
>>  I can get Adobe Acrobat 7.0 to run, for example, but many actions fail
>>  with the error "cannot initialize JDF library".
>
> What actions?  If you give us a recipe to reproduce the
> problem, maybe we can find the bug.
>
> Also, which version of Wine and of Linux are you using?

Hi Dan and thanks:

wine version 0.9.56 for AMD64;
linux Ubuntu Hardy on AMD64.

I installed Acrobat 7.0, and this installs the Distiller also. When I
open a PS file, Acrobat tries to load it (convert via Distiller) and
stops at about 18% with the message "unable to initialize JDF
library". Pressing "OK" on this message brings up the next message
"unknown error 0x800706BE". Pressing "OK" on this brings up a message
box saying the file could not be opening and that perhaps it is not a
supported format and so on.

I can open PDF files and print them, but if I try to use the "Save as"
command, Acrobat crashes with no warning.

I am pretty happy that I can open and print PDF files, for starters
though.
--
BOFH excuse #79:

Look, buddy:  Windows 3.1 IS A General Protection Fault.