[Wine] Re: Coding Contribution

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 29 22:56:04 CST 2008

James Hawkins wrote:
> Not true at all.  I started with the CrossCallsWtoA task, and it was a
> good way to climb up the steep learning curve.  I worked for at least
> two years without working on any program (advpack, hhctrl.ocx, et al.)

You are special case :D And I didn't say most developers actually did fix their programs or still working on them - that's a rarity. Most of those apps still don't work right or at all.

It doesn't matter where you start. Just pick a program/task/bug and try to work on it. Dig into the source to understand what it's doing. Oh and before you get too far, show you patches to wine-devel list. People will have some comments for you.