[Wine] inspecting win32 .dll from linux

Detlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Tue Jan 1 12:56:44 CST 2008

On Di, 2007-12-18 at 09:29 -0700, Scott Serr wrote:

> I don't mind coding some, if I can have a tight little Linux executable
> in the end.  I was hoping to use Wine as an example and hopefully write
> something very small that didn't depend on Wine.  I'm trying to avoid
> putting Wine on a live CD (that is not my own creation).

"winedump --help" or "man winedump"
=> winedump dump -j resource <filename>

Next to other informations, you get a dump of the wanted data
(the VERSION resource) as a hexdump.

The source for winedump is in "tools/winedump/*"

You can use dump_string_data() or dump_msgtable_data() in "pe.c"
as template.

Patches are always welcome.

--

By by ... Detlef