[Wine] unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif

Kevin Horton khorton01 at rogers.com
Thu Jan 3 17:54:44 CST 2008

I'm trying to install My Siruis Studio (to access a Sirius satellite
radio) with Wine 0.9.52 on in Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.1.  This
application requires MS .NET Framework 1.1, so I tried installing Mono
1.26 instead.  This allowed the My Siruis Studio installation to
complete, but an attempt to run My Siruis Studio fails immediately with:

Call from 0x7b830330 to unimplemented function
gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif, aborting
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 0 bytes in thread 000b eip
7bc35267 esp 00411000 stack 0x411000-0x620000

Googling gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif produces no
hits, nor does a search of the Wine bugs.

Does this error message suggest any obvious things to try next, or
does it mean that this is hopeless, and I should give up with this
version of Wine?

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada