[Wine] unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 05:24:13 CST 2008

On 04/01/2008, Kevin Horton <khorton01 at rogers.com> wrote:
> On 3-Jan-08, at 18:54 , Kevin Horton wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install My Siruis Studio (to access a Sirius satellite
> > radio) with Wine 0.9.52 on in Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.1.  This
> > application requires MS .NET Framework 1.1, so I tried installing Mono
> > 1.26 instead.  This allowed the My Siruis Studio installation to
> > complete, but an attempt to run My Siruis Studio fails immediately
> > with:
> >
> > Call from 0x7b830330 to unimplemented function
> > gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif, aborting
> > err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 0 bytes in thread 000b eip
> > 7bc35267 esp 00411000 stack 0x411000-0x620000
>
> I tried getting gdiplus.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplus
> , and putting in the My Sirius Studio program directory, then setting
> an override on gdiplus to Native.  Now I get the following error when
> I attempt to launch the program:
>
> % wine My\ Sirius\ Studio.exe
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x61e3f0,0x00000000), stub!

This means that the EnumDisplayDevicesW API (in a different dll to
gdiplus) is being called. This will either be in the Mono or gdiplus
code.

This is not causing any problems, so the caller is able to cope with
this not being implemented (Wine is returning suitable data back to
the caller).

> Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception
> was thrown by the type initializer for
> System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.ArgumentException: The
> requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status:
> FontFamilyNotFound]

This is in the Mono code. It is calling a gdiplus function (likely to
be GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif, given the context below) and
gdiplus is reporting that it cannot find any. This is then causing the
Mono code to generate this error.