[Wine] TradeStation under Wine - install failure

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Jan 24 22:21:00 CST 2008

On Friday January 25 2008 00:15:18 Mark Knecht wrote:
>From here I start the install. The install progresses, throwing
>
> messages all over the place, but eventually fails with one about a
> unhandled page fault:

> At this point I basically have to Ctrl-C and kill things. Left running
> I see these and maybe more in ps aux:

	You can run "wineserver -k" to close (kill) all WINE processes in current
WINE prefix.

> The application is about
> 40MB and can be distributed to someone who wants to work on fixing the
> install problems, if there is anyone out there that might be
> interested.

	What you really should do is to report a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org about
inability to install TradeStation. Don't forget to state its version. If logs
or backtraces are needed you will be asked to provide them. As starting point
just attach to your bug report (do not paste) *full* terminal output when
running the installer.
	Make sure to run "wineserver -k" and cd to the directory with the installer
before running it.

> What the chances to getting this to work?

	Well, quite high if you report a bug *and* some developers find enough free
time to fix it.
	A little off-topic; personally I use MetaTrader 4 and I can say that Linux is
much more reliable platform for trading than any version of Windows... So if
bugs related to TradeStation will be fixed you will be able to enjoy grate
experience of trading on Linux.

	Thank you for using WINE.