[Wine] Fun Wine Project -- Configure Some Default Registry Entries

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:54:20 CST 2008

Updates:

I renamed the shell script "winelaunch" to "winenative" to avoid confusion
with the "winelauncher" binary.

It will need some work to dynamically use switches, like "-p" for printing
etc.  Any basic shell scripter could prob help me out with that one.  Let me
know if you can help.

I've modified the native call to simply call on "gnome-open".  It seamlessly
opens any file you want natively.  I'd like to include samples for kde,
xfce, etc (or determine dynamically if that's a possibility).

I've attached two files.  "word.reg" is a sample registry file.  Save it to
your desktop and do an import on it. Please note, the "-p" portion won't
work until the switches are sorted out, but won't do any harm.
   #>  regedit /home/username/Desktop/word.reg

The second file is the "winenative" shell script.  Save it to your desktop,
copy it to /usr/bin, and make it executable:
   #>  sudo cp /home/username/Desktop/winenative /usr/bin/
   #>  sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/winenative

Then try to open a word document with your windows application.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com