[Wine] Serial port communication

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 1 04:46:11 CDT 2008

>>>>> "eru" == eru  <wineforum-user at winehq.org> writes:

    eru> yes, I run that command and the user is part of the "dialout"
    eru> group, it can read the port, already tested with a touchscreen
    eru> using: Code: cat </dev/ttYS0

    eru> that gave me some data when the touchscreen is activated

Simple reads and writes to  the serial port should succeed, and most of the
contol possibilities that the Win32 API offers should work too. So either
your program uses soemthinhg unusual and not yet implemented, or you setup
doesn't work.

Again WINEDEBUG=+relay and a search where ther error is displayed and what
goes wrong before might get you starting.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de