[Wine] Wine+ADODB+PostgreSQL

somellier wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 1 17:13:11 CDT 2008

I'm trying to write VB6 code to get data from a PostgreSQL server running on Fedora 7 Linux. Running the code in Win XP there is no problem, but when I try running under Wine on the linux server itself I get no rows returned from my database even though the logs show I'm connected and PostgreSQL has located the data I requested. I'm using an ADODB connection with a DSN. However the same DSN works perfectly in the Visdata add-in in VB, presumably because it sets up a bound data control rather than an ADODB data control to access the database. I have in fact written some simple code to emulate this with a data control bound to a sql select statement and it does work. Can anyone please give me an idea as to what I need to do to fix this or maybe tell me to stop wasting my time because it can't be done.Thanks.