[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 2 11:46:38 CDT 2008

Timeout wrote:
> I managed to get the patch compiling in the end last night.
> I hoped it would solve my problem of the installation hanging because of a "page fault". (it's hanging just after calling the debugger) Unfortunately the hang was for me still there with the patch (I have a nvidia card too).
>
> I found out that it went further using +relay after 2-3 min where it seemed nothing happened and the installation would complete successfully. A +relay is then pretty useless.
>
> About the add-on for my application, I had not been worried to much lately because even if the menu entries were not showing, basic functions could be called with the icons and it is working (and I found a way to indirecly call the add-on bar through using them with a 3rd tool). At the moment the license server is causing me more issues

Well, you should tell me :
1) Which wine version do you have (git ? downloaded sources from somewhere ? )
I suggest you to fetch latest git as in tutorial
2) Don't forget to use winetricks and install dotnet2.0 and msxml3. Without first one the install crashes (it tries to install upgrade of dotnet 1.1 ....) and without the second (IIRC....) menus/toolbars do have problems.

Besides those (AND obviously the patches in wine...) my installation doesn't have problems, and autocad works good even with compiz enabled.
Ah, the native shlwapi.dll is needed JUST to show the register now dialog. If you works in demo mode, no need at all.

Ciao

Max