[Wine] Bug 13517: Forums breaking mailing list

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 17:07:26 CDT 2008

Paul Johnson:
>On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 22:26 +0200, Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> Mhm, you could subscribe to the forum and continue to help there.
>
>That defeats the purpose, though.  Forums lack filters, comfortable
>interface, and doesn't pose an immediate usability issue if the server
>is down or unreachable.

Right, the mailing list offers many advantages. Forum people can get
help by those, who join the forum, or they could subscribe to the ML
themselves and accept the rules there.

These rules *are* necessary. Using the forum as a front end to the ML is
the wrong way, because that hurts the rules.

But who am i to complain? I am just a normal user who wants to benefit
from the ML. So i will stop complaining now. :)

Hartmut