[Wine] Re: Paradox 16 bit crashes with page fault

the_nipper wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 3 02:06:38 CDT 2008

Paul Romanyszyn wrote:
> vitamin wrote:

> > What directory did you run this from?
> >

> When you installed paradox under wine did it modify or add it's path in
> the autoexec.bat. From what I remember most of the 16 bit programs added
> things to the path and also added values with set to the environment.
> Wine does not use the autoexec.bat.
> Paul R.

Well, I know. Thus I added

C:\\ODAPI;C:\\Programme\\PDOXWIN

to PATH in system.reg, since it's needed to find ODAPI.DLL and PD?SRV.DLL   These are the same values as used on my Win98 system where the program still resides and works (slow and ugly).

With that entry, Paradox starts under wine and presents some of its dialog boxes to me ("Your working/private directory is not valid [OK]")  ...

==> Aaah. Good hint!  Maybe I missed to set these directories in system.reg.  But I would not expect a crash on that.  It's a lack within
the application if these directories are undefined, not in the system...!?!
But, I will find it out by setting working parameters for the directories.

Thank you.

Robert