[Wine] Bug 13517: Forums breaking mailing list

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:05:26 CDT 2008

On 03/07/2008, Arthur Squassabia <cabose1213 at gmail.com> wrote:

> for the oldies that would like it I'll invite you to gmail, so far it has
> worked wonderfully in grouping same threaded posts/e-mails together, and as
> long as you don't delete current threads/discussion all of the e-mails/posts
> will stay linked and because of the ridiculous amounts of storage that gmail
> provides (for myself 6.9 GB) deleting email is almost never neccesary.

Seconded. Gmail is an amazingly good client for mailing lists. I
actually read my list mail these days - with Thunderbird it tended to
sit unread for months. I get ~100-200 messages from mailing lists a
day.

The only minus point is that on the Wine list, it sets replies to the
person you're replying to rather than the list. So you need to keep
this in mind.

Even for those wary of letting Google near their personal mail, I
fervently recommend it for handling public list mail.

- d.