[Wine] Re: VNC 'fix' for 256 colour game only shows 2 colours?

IBBoard wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 6 13:20:56 CDT 2008

I've managed to get somewhere with this - I've stopped it showing in monochrome! If I set the xstartup file to run wine (since I don't use VNC for any other purpose) it starts up fine with colour. I'm not sure what caused the "Monochrome on hover" issue.

As for the 256 colours, I've tried with and without "-cc 3" (PseudoColour) and without is worse than with. Is there any way to get VNC to do the same 256 colours as Windows? VNC is a suggested Wine hack for old games, so I'd have thought it should be possible.

If the worst comes to the worst and it won't work properly under Wine then I'll just run it from the Windows XP Virtual Box install that I use for Visual Studio/System.Windows.Forms .Net development, but I'd rather avoid a whole virtual Windows machine just for a game.

Thanks.