[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 6 16:59:06 CDT 2008

dAnIK SeNT wrote:
> Hi everyone, especially miciomax :-)
> Now that AutoCAD 2005 is working, I'm trying to install DWGgateway yet without
> success. Installation starts and stops with page fault just a few seconds
> later.
> A while ago, miciomax wrote:
>
> > So, I went here ;
> > http://www.dwggateway.com/
> > And.... problem solved. My old-good-fast 2005 now can open 2008 files, and
> > I'm sure that it'll open version 2256 files too in the future.
> >
> How did you manage to install it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sentiabov Danila aka dAnIK SeNT
> dsent at mail.ru

Ops, sorry, that was on winxp before going to autocad on linux... I didn't try dwggateway on linux. I'll do it on next days, maybe.
But, for now, you can just use 2008... it's crashing here and there, but to open/convert/save a drawing it can be used.
Or, there are some free alternatives.... maybe you can look at http://www.opendwg.com/files/guestdownloads/EveryDWG.zip, it's still a windows app, but I guess it'll work on wine.

Max