[Wine] Printing /MYOB

Russell Butler russellb234 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 18:46:11 CDT 2008

yonnie wrote:
> It's whatever was current release during March.  I have no way of
> doing regression tests, nor determining which broke what.  IMHO the
> kernel is a suspect too, and March was a lot of upgrades ago for F8.
> The target system (F8KDE) gets used for MYOB about once a week and
> printing invoices about once a month, it took awhile before we
> discovered the system was really broken, we had initially thought it
> was a settings error.  It was when I tried installing MYOB onto the
> systems using F8(gnome) that I realized the problem may be more than
> a setting issue.  I don't understand enough about Linux to perform
> regression errors using those code(s), it's beyond my skill-level.
> I'm just a Linux user who became extremely tired of Windows.  Since
> we don't have a need for networking MYOB, I'm thinking of switching
> to the free version of Quasar, just hesitant over all the data that
> would have to be re-entered.  It would be so much simpler if Wine
> would start working again.

Thanks yonnie

I had thought it must have been a while ago, and had started regression
testing at 0.9.33 or so.  That's about 18 months back. I'll bring my
testing forward to 0.9.53 as the"good" version - that's 5 months back,
and see if I can do any better.
Interestingly, I had reached  0.9.37 and MYOB runs much the same, and
still has the invoice printing problem.

I'll come back if I can find anything useful.

I'm actually tempted to shift the whole lot to gnucash, but don't have
enough accounting knowledge to be confident I worked out all the tax
implications

Russell