[Wine] Re: VNC 'fix' for 256 colour game only shows 2 colours?

IBBoard wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 9 12:58:03 CDT 2008

It's still not entirely perfect as the graphics still aren't as smooth (in 256 colours) as under Win XP, but I've got quite a reasonable setup now. I'll actually go back on the "with and without -cc 3" comment now, as without is better (assumedly because it lets it use closer to its own 256 colours rather than some palette).

To run the game I use the following bash file:

Code:
#! /bin/bash
vncserver :2 -depth 8 -geometry 640x480 && vncviewer -FullColour -passwd ~/.vnc/passwd localhost:2
vncserver -kill :2

and the following xstartup:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

vncconfig -iconic &
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# unset SESSION_MANAGER
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
# xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &
cd /home/ibboard/.wine/drive_c/games/warfb/ && wine whshr.exe

I'll post in the app DB when I get it working a bit better, or when I give up!