[Wine] Poor sound quality on anything other than "emulation"

epsilon72 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 10 00:13:07 CDT 2008

I want to make sure this isn't something that only I'm getting.

When the audio acceleration is set to anything other than "emulation" for me, the sound quality is poor (it sounds like a low bit-rate mp3, or sort of like mid-90's quality game sound).

I have had this problem for as long as I can remember; it was present in Fedora Core before I switched to Gentoo a while ago.

Is this a known issue with wine, or is it something unique to my setup?