[Wine] Mac Wine.app Launcher

Zach Drayer zach at drayer.name
Thu Jul 10 16:51:01 CDT 2008

On 7/10/08, therealmccoy <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Cool, I downloaded your Darwine and the stable version seems pretty good.
> Your unstable of 1.1 has an installer issue however, it doesn't copy a
> proper WineHelper or Read Me.html to the Darwine folder.

The readme is just a blank file for now. I need to get around to updating it
to a proper readme - the one from Darwine is out of date, and the original
one i created wasn't exactly useful (and is out of date now). I'll try and
have it ready for the next update though.

You're the second person to tell me that there's a problem with
WineHelper.app.. I'll poke PackageMaker a lot and make sure it works before
the next release (tomorrow? if that's wine's timeline).

> Also, while Total Annihilation will run off your binary, I get a bunch of
> OpenGL support missing errors -- errors that disappeared when I symlinked
> the version I compiled myself.

I thought there was a Mac version of TA? And i cant find a copy online (and
I've long since lost my physical copy) to try out.

This is probably a libhal related thing, but I also can't get DVD Decrypter
> to recognize any drives on either of our builds. Not a super big deal, but I
> like DVD Decrypter a lot better than MacTheRipper.

Probably related to libhal. I thought that there was some code (under
dlls/ntdll/somethingoranother.c) that added support for cd/dvd drives on one
level or another on macs..

Question: Since you are more involved with Darwine than most, what's the
> status of that no-X-required Quartz driver thing? Last time I checked (which
> was a long time ago), the site for the official version hadn't been updated
> for a couple years. Since Darwine development seems to have been passed on
> to real developers like you, maybe you know someone who has a more
> up-to-date version?

See http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/QuartzDriver for (as far as i know) the
latest info. The first paragraph there sums it up fairly well.  The rest of
the page describes how to use Quartzdrv if you want.  I haven't really had
much luck with Quartzdrv for general usage though.

-Zach