[Wine] regedit dont work and gecko dont install

bochenekgsx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 10 20:55:29 CDT 2008

wine 1.1
ubuntu 8.04 (64bit)
amd64x2 5200
2gbram
nvidia 8600gt

Regedit and wine regedit do NOTHING in terminal

and

i'm installing WOW right now, and it keeps trying to install gecko, i click install, and it looks like it installs, but does nothing. Each time i do an update, it asks the same thing over again. I looked around for a way to manual instal, but the one that was written for feisty does not seem to work for me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3911037&postcount=4

step 3 does not work for me for some reason.. here's the terminal output:

stephan at stephan-desktop:~$ mv wine_gecko ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/gecko/0.1.0/
mv: cannot stat `wine_gecko': No such file or directory
stephan at stephan-desktop:~$ mkdir -p ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/gecko/0.1.0/
stephan at stephan-desktop:~$ mv wine_gecko ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/gecko/0.1.0/
mv: cannot stat `wine_gecko': No such file or directory
stephan at stephan-desktop:~$

please help on both counts   :)