[Wine] Goodbye Windows?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Thu Jul 10 22:12:25 CDT 2008

Django29 wrote:
> Hi.
> I know that Linux provides most of the softwares we need for business, equivalent of Outlook, MS Office, IE, ...  but :
> Is it realistic to think that we can delete Win XP, and use Wine with Linux, for a professional use, with :
> - All Adobe, with the ICC profiles (I use Monaco EZcolor for the calibration).
> - CMS like Joomla and a lot of plugs-in, and a few tools for webranking.

Joomla should be available for Windows, Linux and MacOSX.  Check the
Joomla site for information about this.  Is there a program that you
need to support Joomla that is Windows only?

Wine under Linux is available for many distributions.  Check with the
SuSE site to see if there is one available for that distro.  If not, you
will have to look on the Web or 'roll your own' and build it yourself.

James McKenzie