[Wine] Re: Horribly Nube ?

playdayz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 11 21:42:03 CDT 2008

> Why don't you start with all Wine and nothing windows? Then install your program and run it.
> And then if you have some problems - tell us what they are.

Okay.

I would like to run K-Meleon.  It has a linux soul.

K-Meleon-NX-18115 is an unoffical build with no XUL.  It runs well because the maintainer of it has disabled some things (like the url bar).  It ocassionally malfuntions seemingly when it tries to read its "home page," which is a file.  I change the home page to a url and it doesn't seem to crash.  Also runs flash okay. Doesns't matter whether winxp or w98, even runs well with no GL.

The official release is 1.1.5; it does not run.  It installs, but when trying to run it gives an error message "Could not create browser frame."  This seems to be a rare K-Meleon error, no fix, possibly associated with bookmarks???

There is also a 1.5beta2, which should be released this year sometime.  This would be my ultimate goal.  The full program  requires XP, but there is also a k-meleonW9x.exe.  Neither runs.  I change from w98 to winxp in winecfg.  All versions crash with an error such as:

Code:
wine: Unhandled privileged instruction at address 0x71a172 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: privileged instruction in 32-bit code (0x0071a172).

Code:
err:mshtml:init_nsio Could not get factory: 80040154
err:mshtml:set_profile Could not get profile service: 80040154
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.

There are no dll overrides.  This is wine 1.1.0 on puppy linux 4.0 on an ibm thinkpad t22.

Thank you for any assistance.