[Wine] Horribly Nube ?

dAnIK SeNT dsent at mail.ru
Sat Jul 12 03:21:42 CDT 2008

Hi, playdayz.

dimesio here is right - you should never run wine as root, no matter what.
If you are not experienced in using linux you may even be logging in to
KDE/Gnome as root - it's also to be avoided. Log in to system with normal
unprivileged user and execute as root only that commands that absolutely
require root access. Otherwise your system's stability will be easily
compromised.

About K-Meleon - it has its page on AppDB (you should always have a look there
first): http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=717
However, it's pretty old. I'll add it to my personal "must check" list and try
to get it running in my test environment when I have time.

By the way, did you try native browsers - like Firefox, Konqueror and Opera?
It's not like K-Meleon provides any extra functionality...

--
Best regards,
Sentiabov Danila aka dAnIK SeNT
dsent at mail.ru