[Wine] Problem with FlexLM licensing

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:14:33 CDT 2008

2008/7/16 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

> It may or may not also be worth contacting the bit of Macrovision that
> make FlexLM about getting it to play nicer with Wine. More platforms =
> more sales, and FlexLM runs well(-ish) on most commercially-used
> platforms I can think of.

It also occurs to me that one of said highly supported platforms is
Linux itself! So if you can set up FlexLM on the host box and get it
to serve the licenses on its preferred port, you should be able to
drop the licenses into place on the Linux instance of FlexLM. This is
of course fiddly, but not much more fiddly than most FlexLM
administration.

- d.