[Wine] msiexec hangs during XML setup (used to work)

soltiz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 17 01:04:54 CDT 2008

Hello all
    Previously, it used to work.

    But now, on a clean Wine install (including .wine directory suppression), the msiexec /i msxml3.msi "hangs" after the welcome dialog box. I Waited a few hours to be sure but nothing happens, and I have to kill the process.

Using wine 1.1.1 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron...

Is there anything more to "clean" when you want to restart a wine configuration from scratch ? Could it be a bug related to the new wine version ? Does it happen to anybody else ?

Soltiz.