[Wine] Re: Can't make "Running MS Office 97 under Linux with Wine&

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 18 16:54:39 CDT 2008

You had better luck than I did--when I tried those instructions, the installer crashed.

I don't think you need to edit the registry if the install completed successfully for you. But if you want to, run wine's regedit; it works the same as in Windows. The section the instructions refer to is under  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. As to what to enter, this is just the registered owner and organization--put in whatever you would put in the dialog when installing the program.

As for Outlook, the AppDB lists it as "garbage" for all versions of Office. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=34 It may work in Crossover; they include some hacks that aren't in plain Wine.